Senior associate, member of the Ukrainian bar Association (UBA), the International bar Association (IBA), head of the Committee on corporate law and stock market, the head of corporate practice/mergers and acquisitions
Anna Babych has a higher education. Graduated from the national University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, master.
In 2012 he graduated from the law School of CDF Law School, Great Britain (Law school, BPP University, a diploma of higher education, London, UK).
2014 – faculty of law, BPP University, legal practice course (London, UK).
Speaks Ukrainian, Russian, English.
Started working in the law firm “Vasil Kisil and partners”, became a partner practices corporate law and M&A, capital markets in the firm.
In 2006 received a certificate of the Kyiv city qualification and disciplinary Commission of the bar on the right to engage in advocacy.
The scope of activities
Extensive experience in various fields:
• The rights of consumers
• Labour law
• Investment law
• Securities business
• Capital markets
• Mergers and acquisitions
• Trade, transportation
• Corporate, company law
• Private clients
Anna Babych is a co-Director of the following areas:
• Investment funds
• Telecommunications, media and technology
• Energy & natural resources
• Pharmaceutical and medicine
Anna Babych is an expert in the areas of:
• Consumer goods and trade
• Pharmaceutical and medicine
• Corporate Governance
• Mergers and acquisitions
• Retail trade
Membership in associations:
• Non-practising solicitor (England and Wales)
• International bar Association (International Bar Association)
• The Kyiv city bar Association (since 2006)
• Ukrainian bar Association (UBA)
Anna Babych, according to experts, is one of the leading lawyers in Ukraine, a recognized professional in the field of corporate governance. Represents clients on the establishment of optimal corporate structures for doing business in Ukraine and regularly advises national and international clients on labour and employment arising in connection with mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and transfer of business.
Among its clients – large Ukrainian and international companies, financial institutions, investment funds operating in CIS countries. They mark her as an outstanding specialist in the field of mergers and acquisitions, its ability to negotiate and defend the interests of their clients.
• Anna is mentioned in the edition of Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients 2012-2017 as one of the best lawyers of Ukraine in the area of securities and capital markets, corporate, mergers and acquisitions, telecommunications and media, IT, pharmaceuticals, medicine and healthcare, energy and natural resources, international trade, real estate, construction and land relations, and retail trade. Anna Babych is able to find the solution even in the most difficult situations.
• The name of Anna Babich included in the prestigious international directory of Best Lawyers (2013 – 2018) as the leading lawyer of Ukraine in corporate law, mergers, acquisitions and investments.
• Recognized among the leading lawyers in several international publications and rankings, such as Best Lawyers, Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, The Legal 500, IFLR 1000, Who’s Who Legal, TOP 100 best lawyers of Ukraine. The customer’s selection from the publication “Yuridicheskaya Gazeta”, KyivPost, The Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients, etc.
• 2013-2018 constantly recommended lawyer in corporate law and M&A (Band 2): “She is practical, finds a solution to any problem and gives fast, quality advice.”
• Recognized for “significant experience advising on local and international mergers and acquisitions.” Celebrated as a practitioner with extensive experience, including her noted business acumen: “a proactive approach, insight, attention to detail and excellent commercial vision.”
• 2014 – 2018 IFLR 1000 Anna Babych is included in the list of leading Ukrainian experts in the field of mergers and acquisitions, corporate, energy and infrastructure, restructuring and insolvency. According to customer feedback, “has considerable experience in developing strategies, negotiating and closing deals. Focused on results. Her advice is always specific and to the point. Anna Babych is an expert in English law. Dedicated and works extremely return.”
• The Legal 500 2014-2018 celebrates professional achievements of Anna in corporate law/ mergers and acquisitions, energy, private clients and recommended as “exceptional expert” with “extensive experience in the field of cross-border mergers and acquisitions.” Given to the practice team of corporate, commercial law and M&A as “the number one choice among Ukrainian law firms”.
• The winner in the nomination “the Best lawyer in corporate law and M&A” by Legal awards in 2017. AEQUO under the leadership of Anna Babich was named the best law firm of the year in Ukraine in M&A according to “Legal awards-2018” conducted by the Yuridicheskaya Practika weekly.
• In 2017, the State Commission on securities and stock market noted the significant contribution of Anne Babich to the development of corporate law in Ukraine.
• “TOP 100 best lawyers of Ukraine. Client’s choice” 2015-2017 edition of “the Legal newspaper”. Noted among the leaders practices in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, energy and natural resources.
• Anna – the three leaders of the rating of Ukrainian Women in Law 2016-2018 from the publication “Yuridicheskaya Gazeta”. Nominated for “Women who influenced the development of legal business in Ukraine.”
• Who’s Who Legal. Named as one of the leading Ukrainian expert on corporate governance.
• The Publication Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients 2012-2017: Anna Babich entered the TOP-5 best lawyers in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and is also one of the best lawyers of Ukraine in the area of securities and capital market, media and telecommunications, it, pharmaceutical, medical and healthcare, energy and natural resources, international trade and real estate, retail trade.
• State Commission on securities and stock market noted the significant contribution of Anne Babich to the development of corporate law in Ukraine.
• A new social order. Interview in the newspaper “Yuridicheskaya Praktika”, No. 8 (1052), 20.02.2018
• Participation in the preparation of the world Bank report “doing business 2018: Reform to create jobs”
• Who will benefit from the new law on LLC? (“Novoe Vremya”, 21.02.2018)
• Ownership structure of the media should be open to the audience to be able to evaluate the information objectively. Interview in the newspaper “Legal newspaper”, № 46 (596), 14.11.2017 G.
• Program course. Interview in the newspaper “Yuridicheskaya Praktika”, No. 27-28 (1019-1020), 11.07.2017 G.
• Telecom and media. Ukrainian Law Firms 2017. A Handbook for Foreign Clients, June 2017
• The point of no return. “Ukrainian lawyer”, December 2016
• Start low (special edition “50 leading law firms of Ukraine in 2016,” 2016)
• To attract foreign investment and retain the balance of payments: Per fas et nefas? (“Legal newspaper”, in collaboration with O. Krasnokutskaya), November 2016)
• The architects of the future. Interview in the newspaper “Legal newspaper”, № 42(540), 18.10.2016 G.
• How to open the window of investment? To change corporate law, the “Economic truth”, February 2016
• Initiative course (“Legal Practice”, January 2016)
• English accent (“Legal Practice”, September 2015)
• Excellence is an attitude (“Ukrainian lawyer”, November 2015)
• Telecom and media – what’s new? Ukrainian Law Firms: A Handbook for Foreigh Clients, April 2015
• For the third consecutive year AEQUO together with authoritative specialized information and analytical resource Mergermarket (London, UK) held the first of its kind research of the market of mergers and acquisitions in Ukraine.
• AEQUO became a partner of the first edition of infographic Atlas “of the IT industry in Ukraine to 2017”. The purpose of the Atlas is to explain organic development of the domestic information technology industry and its impact on business and the economy, as well as to show the structure of the Ukrainian market of IT and its place in the world. AEQUO joined the project, providing analysis and legal commentary, particularly regarding M&A.
• For the second year in a row Anna has partnered with the Ukrainian Catholic University (UCU) and provides scholarship to students of the law School of the UCU, which covers the tuition fees for Master program on human rights.
• In 2017 AEQUO announced and launched the first outsourcing platform Ukrainian law firms – AEQUO Friends. The main purpose is to quickly respond to an unplanned increase in work volumes, improve business processes, improve customer care, and generate the optimal talent pool and to ensure the effective offshore lawyers for clients in the future.
• In 2017 AEQUO announced and hosted the annual competition of innovations in the legal business Legal AEQUO Tech Challenge. The main objective of the competition is to bring the legal services market in Ukraine to a qualitatively new level, consistently increasing the efficiency of lawyers and the quality of customer care.
• Reform of corporate law. AEQUO’s team is an active participant in the preparation and promotion of legislative initiatives in the field of corporate law. Anna Babych and other lawyers participating practices systematically at the level of public organizations (the Association of lawyers of Ukraine, etc.) and expert councils created by the state authorities (Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the national Commission on securities and stock market).
• The initiator of the reform of the legislation on limited liability companies, a participant in the development of the draft law “About societies with limited and additional liability” – member of the working group under the Ministry of economic development and trade of Ukraine. The law enters into force on 17 June 2018.
• Participant in the development of bill No. 6303 “On amendments to some legislative acts of Ukraine regarding protection of investors against abuses in the capital market”.
• Participant in the development of laws on corporate agreements and the bill to raise the corporate management level in joint-stock companies (the mechanisms of squeeze-out and sell-out). The law of Ukraine on corporate contracts No. 1984-VIII and the Law of Ukraine on increase of level of corporate governance in JSC No. 1983-VIII, signed by the President of Ukraine.
• Anna Babych – head of the Committee on corporate law and stock market of the Ukrainian bar Association (UBA), which is a hub for a number of successful legislative initiatives in the field of corporate law and corporate governance.
Professional help of charity, of public and other nonprofit organizations (Pro Bono):
• Active member of relevant committees of the Ukrainian bar Association and European business Association.
• Member of the working group at the Ministry of economy of Ukraine, aimed at improvement of business climate in Ukraine.
• Member of the expert Council under the National Commission for securities and stock market.
• 2015 – the collaboration with the National Commission on securities and stock market in relation to the development of the laws on the protection of foreign investors
• Active participant and speaker at high profile events in the field of mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance (annual conference of the IBA, UBA, etc.).
• Regular participant in activities of corporate social responsibility (CSR), in particular, conducts educational activities for members of the Student League of Association of lawyers of Ukraine.
• Member of the Executive Committee of the British-Ukrainian law Association.
• 2010-2011 – head of the securities market Committee of the Ukrainian bar Association (UBA)
• 2010 – member of the Expert Council of the State Committee for regulatory policy and entrepreneurship.
• 2009 – 2010 – head of the working group on corporate governance European business Association.